Sunday, September 21, 2008

Left A Part Of Me On The Toys

Share my plight of distinguishing between right and wrong. Something so easily decided but seems a challenge to debate it over. It's not taking part in something, or not even taking part. It's giving something up.

I took some time to sort out my ignored toys. I figured that they are better off with someone who cares about them instead of chucking them at a corner in a dust-prone cardboard box. Crammed like a can of sardines, I too will share their plight. And so, with Mdm Jaya launching 'Toys From The Heart' program [a spin off from the Food From The Heart], my counterparts will find better treatment. All is well until I sat down and ponder...

The only problem is that I left a part of me in every toy I saw. Everything sent me back to the days when I was 1.65 tall. Encapsulated in a world of my own where ordinary things come to life, these toys were my people. No. They ARE my people. They grew a part of me. The toys I felt giving away, cried for my reconsideration. They want to share this.

But it's for their own good. Someone out there, will learn this toy and treasure it just like I did. [Just adding some flower-ry language here] Or at least better than me. Don't want to see it in a dumpster and the dejavu Toy Story feeling to come up. I want to give what I can to society. A kid needs a companion, like everyone else. But I am old enough. I have been accompanied far long enough. I must stand by myself and let the young nurture with their new companions.

So far, I was only able to let go 10% of the toys I intended to give. So much memories are at stake here. Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue. A part of me will be yours young one. Show me how to live, Mother.

No comments: