Sunday, September 07, 2008

Controlling

Yes? What? Huh? I woke up this morning to my Mom's mighty voice for a 'pre-dawn' meal. I guess if it's post-dawn, they call it breakfast. Of course, my fasting period has started. Nothing different this time only that I feel I owe something to society if I keep forgetting about my To Do List. Long and behold, in that very list, I am suppose to discuss about giving up seats?

I dug up a still sealed and ,obviously, new DVD recorder in hopes of my last nights' disappointment. I wanted to watch Clear And Present Danger on Ch5 BUT MY MOM FORCED ME TO SLEEP. And so, the debate of whether I should get a DVD recorder. Untill I realised my Dad won it a few months back.

I think he got it at his Retirement Dinner. I ALSO think that the DVD recorder symbolises the fond memories of his work! :) Anyway, I tried to rig it up on the living room's TV. Went through the manual and found a few potential words that should be in a vocabulary test. Sigh. Technology and its terms.

AERIAL

R.F. OUT

DV CABLE?

I thought it was called a FireWire 800? Old times I guess. But that was not the problem. With Google on hand, anything is possible.

Upon pondering for a couple of minutes with this LG DR165, I finally got the hard ball. It only works with antennas, NOT cable.

I mean c'mon, who the HECK watches free-to-air channels nowadays! Wait, before you spam me, I might be wrong here. But seriously, with US into digital tv, (another potential in my vocab test) and Singtel flaunting Mio TV, WHY CAN'T WE JUST GET CABLE?

Enough rants.

No comments: