Sunday, March 01, 2009

Weak Speak

First off, a Happy Birthday to Haekal. May your 17th year on Earth be joyous.

Apart from my inter-galactic nonsense, I spent a lovely Sunday morning watching 'The Fall Of A Shah' on BBC Ch 13. MAN, don't Iran have issues? GEEZ. My lazy bum just won't budge even though I had planned to release my fury upon the street soccer walls beside the community club. Yikes. I guess I miss the days when I would tentatively listened to history videos my teacher would play. After all, listening is my forte. (Obvious that my speech is my disadvantage.) I study best when there's someone teaching me. Even if I become so distracted, information will seep thru my brain like osmosis in a cell. It hasn't failed me for the past four years. So kudos to that!

My 'holidays' will abruptly end in a months time. Preparations has started behind my scene. Fees are to be paid. Clothes have to be chosen. And memories must stay as memories. I look forward to learning again. But there's an ounce in me that doesn't feel 'poly'. I don't know where to restart. Hmm.

At any rate, preparations are here. I've done some research. Apparently, I have to purchase a laptop to be in the learning experience. Well, that calls for a new laptop! Woots! However, I do believe my MacBook is sufficient for Ngee Ann's teaching needs. But I will need to up the ante on my RAM. (Left: Looks like my research skills are still there!) I also think that I will be required to run Windows through Boot Camp since their campus is Windows orientated. (Darn you!!!) But maybe, I could use this opportunity to pass my Mac to my brother since he needs a laptop. And then, I could use a new laptop, with Windows, for my school. At the end of the day, I just need a laptop for studies. NO GAMES. NO ANYTHING. Just studies.

Simple e'nuf?

Regarding yesterday, I went LAN to embrace Haekal's 17th birthday. No the most idealistic party but it was worth while since most of us have started school and a handful are working. The working one chanced upon a conversation with me to explain his plans of life. I was taken aback by how he has set himself a set of goals and how he is determined to reach it. That is somethng I'm trying to get. I used to be him. I used to be good.

To drive the point further, a visit to my robotics club brought back fond memories of my school life. Indeed, the club feels fresh. And it is usually this time that we can drive them straight. It is now. Act now!

No comments: