Saturday, March 07, 2009

Born In 1977, Part 3: Negative Nostalgia (Only for this round)

Let's switch for a moment. For the past few posts (3 actually as of this post :P), I've talked about the 16-bit games where we all used to love. Maybe this time, let's segway segue (new word!!!) to another item we used to love. Though it's not a tangent! Today, let's adore the reminiscent of Windows. No, not those glass stuff. It's hardly hardware!

This looks really familiar....


HEY! You again! At this point of age, I don't even know what mp3s are. YIKES!


Oh! It's IE 6 and Windows Media Player 9! Ah, fond memories! I do remember now. When I was in Sec 1, I used my Dad's laptop for NJRC. I used to play 1 song I downloaded repeatedly. Ironically, it was Creep by Radiohead (Link). Hmm...


For those eyes that were trained to see the smallest of details, I did indeed used a Mac. But with Crossover's help! It's like Parallels.


There you go. Those pictures sum up my whole day yesterday as I fiddle around my Mac system to somehow use Windows software without learning any programming. (I actually wanted to run WMP 11 for an MP3 player but it became too technical when I tried installing that on Crossover.) But no worries there! I'll be getting a Windows machine very soon for my Poly life. Hopefully, it doesn't suck as my late Windi. It died ALONG with my beloved memories of Sec 1 and 2 life. ARGHHHHHH!!!!

No comments: