Sunday, February 01, 2009

You just don't give up

We fall, we cry, we get up as we heal as we regret. And what happens next? We just walk away and fight on.

It's like some kind of a natural instinct that is embedded into every muscle, every bone, every cell, every gene. We just don't give up.

Well that's how it happened to me. I got myself into electrical engineering at Ngee Ann Poly. Did it dash my hopes? Nah, not really. It's more of a signal than a demoraliser. Did I regret so much that I became suicidal? C'mon guys! That's so cliché. There must be another way to close a chapter! Well, I did become regretful but it comes and goes. Note my use of the 's' to show it's habitual nature? But I guess the most important question is what happens next?

Right now, I'm looking for a new hope. Since I've lost that reason about 2 years ago, I got to have a new reason now. I can't live aimlessly. I don't want to live just 'like that'. I want a new reason to live. I want a new goal to answer why I wake up every morning and go to school studying. I want a new reason to breathe in this air. I want a reason to live the next day. I want a new reason to hope.

For you all out there, show me a reason and I'll show you my world. We just don't give up.

No comments: