Saturday, February 21, 2009

GEEZ...Kids these days!

[Edit: 22 Feb 2009 w/ news article]
Remember that post below? WELL THAT'S FAKE. Piece of shit. Apparently, that 'meme' has been circulating since last night. According to the radio news (I'll put up a link when I find it.), it was started by some 19 year old kid who apparently has nothing better to do. SERIOUSLY GUYS, YOU WANNA JOKE ABOUT TERRORISM?! MAN, this got me all stirred up. On the first look, I already know it's fake.

NO 1: "This message was forwarded from my sister's close friend's army friend." Yeahhhhhh. Might as well say that the President told me. (Though, that will just ruin it.)

NO 2: It's quite hard or rather impossible to make a bomb out of everyday items. Your main 'bang' ain't there duuuuuude. P.S.: To those who think of using Mentos and Coke. You're just lame. -_- Secondly, the 'bang'-ful thing I can imagine that could be use is a firecracker. Hmm...

NO 3: Of all places, they choose Bugis. I think they should know that the GLOBAL recession had forced everyone to keep their cash safe in their pockets. From what I know, no one's even window shopping there. (Man! The economy's bad.)

******

On a much much serious note, this shouldn't be passed as a joke. Yes, I know some will say that I'm overreacting and I do sometimes wander over that 'joke-able' line, always adding sarcasm into a conversation. But when you see that many innocent lives have been taken just because of conflict of ideas, it's no joke. People can die because of terrorism. And to circulate a message and say that there's a bomb threat? That's just too far.

Think.

Kids nowadays are easily exposed by everything. Theretically, it's a good thing. It somehow presents itself as an experience and teaches the child valuable lessons such as of what to do and what not to do. However, children are left to intepret that information by themselves. Busy parents, the Internet, unmonitored activities. Recipe for disaster. Sometimes, I feel that these kids are missing love.

Back in the old days, I could only imagine a strict pair of parents relentlessly scolding their child when he gets into trouble. The child will hand his head down and be silenced by their words. Even for a stranger, you could sense the child's guilt as it passes through his body. But in the end, the parents lift the boys head, revealing a pair of teary eyes, and hugged him. Where's that love now?

The number of children, or rather teens, caught breaking the laws is steadily rising. Remember the 13 year old father (link)? My first thought was a mislabelled headline. Or just another hoax. What has the world gone to? Where are the parents? Why is this happening? Were they thaught about the birds and the bees?

I'm no expert in this. But I do know that there's a limit to everything. We are always graced with so many questions, but entertained with so little answers.

No comments: