Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Google Google, do you think that you're are doing too many things?

How lame can Google Maps be? Firstly, I wasn't really able to get the Pin man to appear. I was hoping that I could get a distance out from my earlier morning run. So I said, hey, why don't I use Google Maps to check out the distance. (I rarely use that path so I wasn't familiar with the distance it holds) My first surprise was that I couldn't see the path. I was puzzled to see that as that path is a park connector. A asphalt laid park connector that stretches over 5KM from Kallang to Bishan. Man, Google could get my house but not my park connector! And then, I sturggled to get the pin man out. I wondered if I could manually drag the path so that I could get a read on the distance. Nope, that didn't happen. Eventually, I got a winding path that encircled my destination and would probably take me an hour and 13 minutes to walk there. Sigh.

Eventually, I remembered the words from my Geography class 3 years back. With a string lying around and the scale at the corner of my screen, I got the distance off my screen. Finally, something Google did right. Giving me a scale! Also, I'm proud to say that I clocked a 2.2 KM run under 14 minutes. Wow. I can't believe after a long absence from the asphalt, I can still run!

Woots!

[To be cont later.]

No comments: