Sunday, November 23, 2008

Bored Out Of My Skull

I should get a job. My Dad's car wash offer won't let me survive a week in the wild. But I will still take up the job. At 10 bucks a wash, it's a pretty good deal for me considering the fact that I don't need to soap up the car.

A friend of mine offered a waiter job for me. It's at 5.50/hr and since we will be working about 6 hour shifts (or more), that will at least give me $33 a day. That's a pretty good deal! But I should highlight that a plate costs $100! Whoa!

The upcoming SITEX has many booths drawing students to promote the products at hand. There was no indication of the salary details in the paper, said another friend who looked it up in yesterday's paper. But I don't care about the pay for now. I want to focus in getting my sketch together so that when I DO REALLY need a job, I don't inherit a fear that resides in many of us. I need experience.

But the world today has many refering to the $$$ status as a measurement of 'success'. I guess there's room in there for such a thought. After all, if you pay your workers peanuts, you get monkeys. What about being efficient? Shouldn't that justify this 'unethical' measurement? Yeah, I mean, who wouldn't want to work short hours for long slary numbers? I'm sure everyone wants that. There is of course a line that defines this and to be honest, this line is thick for some but thin for money. For me, I want to absorb as much experience right now. And partly too, I don't want to waste my time infront of a screen. I want to go out.

Maybe I should add that the waiter job has my friends all together. Maybe a smoother sail with people I know? Meh, it could be. However, at the end of the day, I will get my sketch back.

To illustrate to you the magnitude of my boredom, I actually agreed to help paint my teacher's classroom some 2 hours before the meet! In fact, once I received the message, I jumped out of bed! And of course, the painting thing went late into the night and it well... got my Mom angry. Sigh. Mom, I'm bored at home. I'd rather spens the whole month helping my teachers WITHOUT any strings attached than waste time dwelling on past thoughts.










******

And to the Balara High students from Philippines. WELCOME to my blog! Haha. Yes, I'm a different Zul. Not that one that went to your school. Well, it's good once in a while to get a surprise like this! Haha!


:D

No comments: