Sunday, June 17, 2007

Bored Out Of My Skull

Today's father's day. Well every father would bring their families out for a dinner or two, mine will just sit down and rest. My father is a taxi driver and after scouring for passengers in the morning today, what else can I say then to advise him to rest. Even if we did go out for a dinner, the restaurants would be over-crowded by families. Some indulging in their feast and some quietly lined, waiting for their turn. It's non-stop. A family waits while another indulges. And when it's over, they change places.

While the dinner is a time to thank the fathers for their hard work and raising great kids, it's also a great time for restaurants to their pockets filled. Walking in the empty mall of Plaza Singapura, I saw many offers just for father's day. It really give fathers the sense that they are really important. Which is good.

As I sit here typing, I am really bored. I should be playing my PS 1 if I want to pass time. Maybe relive great Xena or just replay some mastered games, a little cheating won't hurt. ;) Some teachers would advise me to do my homework or read some thick novel or fulfil my uncertain life with great achievements. Hmm... maybe I'll consider the latter. But maybe, I'll be better off alone. Sit here and mourn on my blog.

Or just go tech shopping at Sim Lim Square.

No comments: