Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Pschyosocial #2: Talkin'

As I spent my days as a 'blog hopper', I came upon the references of The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. Captivated by this find, I assured myself that it was of a reliable source. Before this, I was the only one following the quirks of Jay Leno. Not anymore!

Of course, everyone knows that Jay Leno will be filling the shoes of primetime at the 10 O'clock. For those who don't know, primetime slots get a lot of attention due to its 'sweet spot' where the audience is most likely to watch the television. Just think about it. Dinner in the Pacific is arguably at 8:30. At 9, the news comes in. And then there is the comedy shows that gets everyone to burn that fats thru laughter. And then the golden spot, you get the CSI, Desperate Housewives, Grey's. Whatever thy put there, it seems like that TV sereis will bounce ito stardom. Finally, 11 comes by to sweep us into bed. *Yawn* Of course, here in Singapore it's all different. Our primetime is at 8. Our dinner is 7? Honestly, I don't know. I take my dinner at 8, INFRONT OF THE NEWS CHANNEL. So maybe we just hate the TV. : )

Hopefully, The Jay Leno show would be much more interesting than the other talk shows. You know, I think the world has just too many talk shows. Don't you think? There's the Ellen DeGeneres, Oprah, John Stewart, Conan O'Brien, Jimmy Fallon. There's a lot of other talk shows that I don't even know. Wow.

But I think I'll just stick to Jay Leno and Conan. Jay has a funny, dark humour type. It's very
straight and classic. but sometimes old and overused. While Conan has a quirky funny personality evident from his spastic body movements to visually represent his jokes. He reminds me of the days I'm wacky. Weird. That's the Glass Half Empty, Glass Half Full!

Anyway, talk shows are good. They are news with a funny side. Watch them!

No comments: