Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Ah, So NOT In The Mood!

The morning of a holiday, scheduled with enormous tasks with the likes of studying, memorising and recalling. Oh, imagine the horror when I saw the inevitable pain sought upon many failures. I am so not in the mood.

My eyes are blurry. I can't see the road ahead. It's like moving forward, knowing that you are going to fail. I know this is such a negative thing to say. But that's how I really feel. I've been told since young, never ever give up. So that's what I'm going to do. I'm not going to give up. If I don't know a thing about VECTORS, I must find out about it. Refer to my E.Maths 4A TB, and put this unusual feeling to rest. If I don't understand DIFFERENTIATION, I must read up on it. Practice 'dy by dx'. Identify the different methods such as PRODUCT RULE, QUOTIENT RULE or even the requirements of the questions. If I don't think I can write a SPEECH, I must request for assistance. Ask her...

I'm always finding myself face to face with the man of ambiguity. He hands me several slabs of inexactness, throwing me off balance. However, this time I will refuse. I will tell him that if he will never hand me this guilt. He has too much damage to an extent that I am so soaked in the tears of my friends. This must end.

I always find difficulties reading fine print, let alone writing them. In fact, I find difficulties too in writing long essays that require me to express a designated idea that I don't want to express. Much ado with me doing nothing but with something I wish to write. An example would be the text above. Have you gain an understanding of the ideas? Do you know what is the issue its trying to deliver?Have you identified the topic sentence in each paragraph? If there is in the first place.

The thing about writing English text, or any text for this matter, is that it has a system that coordinates the ideas and slots them in place so much so that it looks organised, simple and clean. But of course, many of us are not familiar with that system and tend to gain a readers evil eye instead. Just like the rules of Reversi, this system will take a minute to be fully understood but it will take a lifetime to really master it. But hey, English to me is like an evolution of ideas.

The chances of someone who doesn't know about this but does follow the same structure is neglectable. In fact, our flow of writing is determined on our character because the text we write tells the reader whether we want it to be read or not. If it's elegant, surely the reader would read it. BUT if the text is all jumbled up, it gives the impression that we, writers, don't want it to be read. Haha, mush like a secret message or something.

The goal of a writer is to express, deliver, bring an idea to the reader with all the tools and tricks so as to get an elegant and smooth piece of writing. Just remember, DON'T make the reader regret reading your text! DON'T rush into your work! DON'T just leave an idea unattended! And finally, feel the vibe of writing, just like I am right now!

So, am I not in the mood? NOT....

No comments: