Saturday, February 23, 2013

Prologue: "Quite down, you're too loud."

About more than a month ago, I went for this gig at BlueJaz bar. It was my first exposure to live jazzy tunes and it was simply superb. The performance was further beautifully intricate with the vocals of Charlie Lim. You have to give this guy a hand, he can hold you mesmerised with his deep tones.

Little did I know, Jazz had put a charm on me. The way I put it, the instruments revive its traditional roles, and that is to compliment the vocals. Moreover, they string the whole performance with emancipated wholesome goodness without overpowering the vocals. And that bass IS SO SEDUCTIVE. BAHHHH.

Simply amazing.

I would have to thank the heavens above for that gig. It was pure luck that I was able to catch that gig. And, had not for that gig, I wouldn't be as motivated I am right now. Figure that a string of events, both fortunate and unfortunate, took it's effort to turn the cogs of fate. The thing is, I don't know what kind of fate it's turning into.

Have Charlie Lim a listen if you'd like to sprinkle some jazz onto your music servings at his Soundcloud page. (https://soundcloud.com/charlielim)

No comments: