Saturday, February 02, 2013

Mellon.

I think in every angst teenager's playlist should be Smashing Pumpkin's Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. It seems only right that this album deserves its place in there. I figure that this is my 5th time listening/humming/imagining the songs this few months. Maybe some might consider this the music that most suicide cases start of by.

Not saying that I am angst or suicidal, that is.

It's been quite some time since I've zone out on a piece of work with music that just seem to bring me forth. Seems that I appreciate my work more with songs of nonsensical lyrics, heavy drums, freakish guitar riffs and deafening bass. Maybe someone should do a science paper on this. Or maybe, it's the same as how listening to symphony increases focus. Hmm.

SO I AM LEAVING in 4 weeks. I am leaving this government-funded 'factory' and starting another whole new leg of this thing we call service. Probably I would be covering premises of Changi Airport. Maybe I could ride in the Ang Chia to respond to any internal threat. Or what about scouring the MRTs? And maybe, JUST MAYBE, I would finally wear that white sleeves with 2 blue stripes on my shoulders.

But that's 4 weeks from now, it's still quite some time. I can't really say I am eager to move on. Besides, I am moving on to something of an uncertainty. And that is one thing I dislike the most. But one thing is for sure, 4 weeks will come.

No comments: