Saturday, March 17, 2012

Lauging at Pain

The body is a wonderful machine. It heals itself. It adapts to any surroundings. It's horsepower is incomparable when its versatility to be in any place supersedes the most advance of robots. What's better than this is the human spirit. When this body feels pain, it quickly adapts to lessen it and sometimes fix it. But the human spirit is the one that ensures you keep running, ensures you keep going, ensures you never give up.

Very highly regarded paradigms, but today, sometimes, they are not as smart as we think they are.

My right foot is suffering from a pain I can't seem to shake off for the past week. The muscle affected stretches over the arc of a foot and is responsible for distributing the body weight when we run and walk. Called the Plantar Fascia, rupturing it means that I can't walk or run properly again. And on my weekly run today, it seemed to be my foot's final straw. Sigh. I was doing so good, clocking a pace of around 4'00". Dang.

The pain was not searing but it was nimble at first. Instantly, I knew I couldn't play around with this sort of pain. Stopped at my halfway mark and it was such a sad thing. I planned to make my way to Bishan Stadium to do some sprints. Apparently, that couldn't be the case. Sheesh. I'm going to ice this guy everyday for 15 minutes for a week. Gonna avoid long walks, like an old man, and start wearing tighter shoes. And hopefully, by then, my feet could fully utilize the investment of barefoot running. Mannnnnn.

I'm not going to say much about this but there seems to be bothering me. It's like an annoying pimple. Can't burst it else it will leave a scar. Can't medicate it, it's at the back. All I could do in ignore this. Not that I don't feel it's irritant, but I just can't find any value, any worth, any heart to see you. I'm not sure exactly why I am feeling this way but I'm just disappointed. Kinda felt short-changed just because I wasn't given the opportunity to give. Fuck this shit man.

At any rate, I'm not the butt of all jokes. I hope.  

No comments: