Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Feelings

It’s 12:52 am now. AND I’m at Loft@94! I’m currently having a training workshop which is suppose to aid me in the “stressful situations arising from constant competition pressure”. Hmm. Nice.

Normally, I would just laugh all the stress off and cut all ties to it. I mean c’mon! It’s just stress! It’s just there to poke fun of you. AND if you blame it, you will not get things done! But you see, the essentials of a great person still bares down to it’s positive productivity.At the end of the day, people still want to see things done. Result orientated; Majority tend to initiate when the initiated product brings results. Thus, that is why we generally have a ‘see how’ attitude to most things. And even though it seems unfair, that’s what the MAJORITY are feeling. Which brings all the important debate of majority vs minority back into our arms. But nah, let’s do things slowly will ya?

I took part in the WorldSkills Singapore Competition a while back. Received an email about some extra module that will aid me in the diploma plus selection ‘CAUSE honestly, I just wanna the dip+. : P

I wouldn’t even cared to do much research about WorldSkills. Googled that name and it didn’t garnered much results. So yeah, I thought it was some unknown competition. Or so I thought. I wasn’t too keen in much joining competitions at first. After all, I had Leo Club in my things-to-do list. I had hoped to really push for community service in my years in NP. It was kinda a win-win situation anyway. I love helping others and others want to be helped.

But the 1 week crash course evolved to a 1 month training stint in Industrial Control. The instructors and teachers briefed us more of the much-recognised competition where Singapore will be sending a team down for my batch. Hmm… WorldSkills is firstly held nationally in Singapore. WSS makes up of pretty much 20-25 skills/categories where participants can compete in but we call them ‘trades’. The champions of the trades will represent Singapore in WorldSkills Competition (WSC) which is held every 2 years. Here, it houses over 100 trades and participants from all over the world come together and test their skills with pride. The victor becomes the best in the world in that trade. NICE.

And for my trade, NP and SP will be the only 2 that will fight for the top in WSS. ITE does take part but they have a weaker foundation in programming. WHICH brings us to a whole new conclusion, I’ve just typically increased my chances in representing Singapore. WOW.

Nice la Zul. Talk about NLP’s reframing.

No comments: