Sunday, June 29, 2008

What If I Bought A...

PS3?

Well, you can certainly do much with today's tech. Products and consumers these days all want their pockets free from bulging devices. Many don't want a separate iPod. Some will set in for a phone music player. in any case, many devices we see on the market are sporting a new genre of sales; Convergence Devices. So a PS3 can basically do some, not all, things at once. But please, don't expect your PS3 to do you laundry or something like that. : ) A game console that as though came out from Apple's aesthetics class, it has a piano black glossy finish and under that hood, it has a combined power of 2 graphics card from Nvidia. (The last time I checked, it has a combined of 2 'outdated' cards!) So, what would I do with it?

Ah, the PS3 can sit at my living room among my cable box and my *ahem* plasma TV. I would highly intend it to be my media centre where all my music are streamed into it or the very least, stored in its 80 GB hard drive. No space? Swap it with a 250. Well maybe, some tweaking here and there, my PS3 could be a back up? But the 'tweaking' will be more of hacking. No time to waste.

I'll play my games there. After which, some dude will invent some program that allows me to play downloaded games. HAHA! I'm not saying that I support piracy. I just need to keep the discs to a minimal low.

Since it has a Blu-Ray player, movies go high def! Would I download movies? Erm... no? TV Shows? Well, support in this area is non-existence. So generally, a PS3, for me, will be one expensive paper weight. Just games when it was built to replace that cable box.

Waste of money!

No comments: