Saturday, June 07, 2008

Full Speed Ahead! Oh Are We?

This coming 12 to 15 of June marks a very special day for me. No, it's not my birthday. No, it's not any wedding occasion. Let me be specific. It will be a great day for techies like me. Yes, I'm talking about THE PC SHOW!

With it just around the corner, I'm sure, VERY sure to be exact, that we all have our various shopping list. I can imagine some with a highlighted new plasma or a PS3 on that No 1 spot. Whatever it may be, the PC Show will be a great place to check out new tech goodies and also exploit the great bargains.

But before you flash that 'no-limit-credit-card'! Let me share some of my experiences and some tips. Granted, I'm no shopping guru (Well actually, this should be the Girl's job) but I ain't no different when encoutering BUYER'S REGRET DISEASE! What's that? Oh it's the awful fate of an innocent buyer. No one, as far as I know, could see it coming. It can happen to ANYONE. Like a streak of lightning, it hits you hard, immobilising every limb as you finally realise,

that product you just bought, is no more the best.

Yes, that horror, virus, natural disaster, bombing or whatever. It hurts much more than you realise. Sure, it's hard to run away (that is if your wallet is a bottomless pit) but I can equip you with some paddings so when it hits you, you won't feel suicidal.

CASE STUDY NO 1: The Nintendo DS
That little clamshell may be the future of gaming. More interaction of touch and less punching of buttons. So it wasn't wrong for one to feel 'I gotta have that!'. But if you don't know, Nintendo has a pretty bad history of Nip/Tuck. Nintendo would make the DS undergo a slimming program.

I remember the coolness I had garnered when I brought it to school and also the raging flames I got when the DS Lite came out. Sigh. TIP: ALWAYS, ALWAYS DO YOUR RESEARCH! Check it out. Cnet, Gamespot, GameFAQS or even Google.

CASE STUDY NO 2: The Misinterpretation
If you're like me, a lonely dude who is like a one-man country where you get your $$$ from you citizens (in this case my parents), you better choose carefully on what you want to propose to them. I'm nobody's fan. I'm everybody's admirer. I dream of a sub-$1000 Mac Pro with gaming support and an ultimate gaming machine made in partnership of Microsoft and Sony. And yes, they have been only in my dreams.

Usually, my parents sponsor me. So when I saw the sleek, sexy PS3, I totally wanted it. So I brought my parents to Courts, (the Asian version of Best Buy) just like a meet with my girl, and told them about the PS3. And yes they said no because of the $800 price tag.

And when I got back. I pondered, 'Hey! I could get the Xbox 360. It's comparably cheaper and my parents would buy it!'. No dude, that doesn't work. Now, they'll just use the excuse that it's also expensive. TIP NO 2: DON'T JUMP INTO THAT PRODUCT!

Well that's all I have now. Plenty of tips out there but I only got 2. Happy PC Show guys!

; )

No comments: