Sunday, February 19, 2012

This land was made for you and me

Pfft.

Ahh, the smell beckons me to refresh myself. But I've eluded that feeling with a little reminiscent; my knee. Sigh. I wanted to run this afternoon but my knee still had the rumblings of a one-legged pirate. Heck, a one-legged pirate has more motivation than me. HE LOST A LEG FOR PIRATING. GOSH. THAT DESERVES RESPECT.

I am not going to traditionally write my things to do list here. As if it has a ginormous effect in my productivity. Hell no. Take it to heart because the last time I treated this as my little whiteboard for homework tracking, I still had the same list of things to do. Pure BS.

It's a sign that maybe, just maybe, the conventional carrot-on-a-stick method don't work for me. I think we can also include the barbed whips too. I simply don't have the emotional energy, or mana for you game nerds, to care. Simply put, if I had to be motivate to do something externally, GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.

Motivation from the insides... Ahh. That's a rarity. I used to be the one that wished a ship but built a boat instead. Not because of lack of skill nor lack of heart. But lack of reasons. It's funny how fast time just moves. Too funny, it becomes surreal. Before you know it, it's all gone.

A friend of mine asks me if I had enemies and wondered how I would responded to them. I replied stating that calling them that is an insult to the Oxford dictionary. I mean Hollywood has always labelled enemies as a super villain capable of ruining the world blah… blah… blah… Reality and Hollywood rarely cross paths. The thing is, our only enemy is our other self. The one the losses faith. The one that gives up. The one that we become sometimes. And we fight it everyday.

And that's how we should respond to our 'enemies' anyway. Because the moment we give up, we let them win and we let us become them.

That didn't answer his question of course. He was asking about the lost ones, the forgotten few or the hated plenty. I mean, what else can we do? For me, I just put my hands in my pocket, and pray for them. And I don't talk to them. Why? Well, I just don't.

I move on pretty fast. Heck, I live life in the fast lane. Haha. I don't like to sit and wonder too much. What's done is done. What happens next is well, move on. I'm not heartless, I just want to get things done.

And yeah, there's a handful I don't talk to. Will I talk to them, probably not. We don't share the same interests any longer. But you're not my enemy. And don't take things too seriously. If things seem to be distant, it means 2 things. I don't want to talk and you don't want to talk.

Beats me. Every time I want to remove that distance, I always made the chance to talk to you. But you don't seem to notice. You don't seem to want to talk.

Whatever happened to chivalry? You turned it down when I was offering.

No comments: