Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Blackbird. v2

Today was fascinating. I learnt a few neat stuff about the various role in social communities and experienced the very basis of one true saying; Never judge the book by its’ cover”. Those words should stick in ones’ mind forever.

Leo Club isn’t the only appointment I received. Flag Football also approached me to be their Logistics Manager. At first, I was taken aback. As ideally, I addressed my concerns and hoped that they could find someone else that is much more capable. However, the previous president said that my lessened commitment through FFB will not be as dire because my responsibilities just lie in the equipment. Well, what followed was my inaccurate forecast. In my mind, I believed I could juggle both. AND I knew that with 2 appointments, I will be like a rock in a pond, sinking to an abyss or sinking in deep knowledge. AND I knew through past experiences, the very gravity that will pull me down without mercy.

And I still accept.

So now, I am faced with challenges. Right now, I am juggling. Juggling it well but not effective. (Sorta that paradox) But are they beyond what I can hold? NEVER. Strength from within is further enhanced harmony is achieved between the uke and the tori. And only when this is achieved, we can begin.

Aikido seems to get the better of me. Ever since the recruitment drive, I’ve been more inclined to be disciplined and to be accurate. Initially, I wanted to get into Taekwondo. Just to continue the tradition of Leo Club. HAHA. But it seems that the reason for the presence of martial arts in ones’ life is beginning to appear in front of me. I do not believe that one enrols in a martial art just to learn to attack, or just learn to defend. There is some rewarding factor which is both menacing and taxing but effective and long lasting. A passive teaching that not taught by any sensei or master or anyone. But rather taught by oneself. Discipline.

Simply marvellous.

I write more often. I do my work diligently. Tasks are made sure left with a completed check mark. Words and thoughts coincide much more readily.

Nice. But reaching there is just a step. Maintaining on the other hand, is a whole new ball game.

No comments: