Sunday, May 25, 2008

C'mon people! I WANT TO BUY LESS THINGS!

Alright. I got less than 30 minutes to write this post. On my previous 80 Cents post, I got myself to write an Apple Fanboy's worst nightmare, APPLE AS A MONOPOLY!

O.O

Don't worry guys, that's just my take on Apple's future. Yes, it was difficult for me to write that post. After all, I am part of the club. But let's look at this way. With the club growing in number and also, the number of reasons why they joined, it's quite hard to say that they're NOT going down the line of 'monopoly'. From laptops to MP3 Players to even a media streamer for TV, Apple has tackled many marketable areas. So it's not surprising to see them venturing to greater markets and greater heights.

But let's take a rest and look at the reasons people join the fan club. Nowadays, people (consumers to be exact) are not looking just at the price but also at the brand name. With the world in much political haywire, one may reconsider a 'Made In China' goods for something less famous of a name but locally made and sorta trustworthy.

Shall I give an example? Look at Nike. After some much flames of workers' abuse, it is really obvious that Nike's image has suffered. Well, so much for 'Just Do It'. YOU ARE ABUSING WORKERS!

The point is that consumers are now willing to pay extra for a better service, a better work material and a trustworthy brand name. So in this area, Apple scores! In addition to trustworthiness, Apple's move to the 'larger' market, in a sense that they are more open to ideas, gives an addition to their more-reasons stint. As trust comes into play, more consumers are turning to one company for their needs. I guess people are getting lazy and they don't want to scour for a bargain.

I'm feeling the same way too. I'd rather buy a Dell than do a DIY even though I KNOW THAT THE DIY WILL BE FAR MUCH BETTER. A little note about brand names, image is almost everything. When I carry my MacBook around, I'm stuffed with pride and much care to carry this 'piece of art'. A Dell basically says that you have a budget. A HP reminds me of fanciful ads. Yeah, I remember the one with Sindfeild... WHAT? And of course, Gateway, COWS.

So let me add on, Apple may be going to the Road Of Monopolistic Ideas but it also may go on with the everyone-loves-Apple attitude.

To top it off, let me remind you that we, consumers, will determine our 'friends' business. Also, think before you fling out your credit card! ;)

No comments: