Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Remember your roots.

Stay trippy.

I was reminded once again. And I really believe that, as humans, we need to be reminded once in a while. Nowadays, things happen so fast around us. One day you're sitting in a bus after a long day in school, dreading the homework you got. Another day, you are behind a desk, filling up papers, supporting an organisation, ploughing through that 8-5 job.

Haha. It is funny that I had to describe both phases of lives in great agony.

2 days back, I met up with a mentor of mine. It then just reminded me of the days I used to be perched up with so many things to do. Which of course led me to the revelation of being appreciative of wherever I would be, or end up in. It was not what I specifically remembered that set me out to write this but it was the existence of this very memory. Guys, I lived through this moment. I survived through this. I was there and back, in one piece. I made it. And it is a joy to be here.

I don't know man. After my stint in management, I threw away myself to refresh my hopes. And then, instead of a revitalised self to turn my cogs of time, I was renewed. Like sort of a baptism. Only slower and enduring. I saw things vividly. I felt things longer. I soaked in deeper. And then, I just became happy with what I had.

I could thank the repeated failures in my 2 year stint. Or maybe my constant distractions I allowed myself then. Do I have to thank that feeling of jadedness for propelling this shift? Whatever it is, it was a great reminder for me that evening.

Remember your roots.

No comments: