Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Smile Like You Mean It

And so, it is tomorrow huh? I'm enlisting into Police for the next 2 years so expect me to be less human and more robot. Oh wait, that the Army. LOL. It will be fun. It should be. I mean, I've been waiting to move on for so... frigging... long... So yeah. Finally, it's today! So as my parting piece of literature today, I say, "Hope for the best, expect the worst. People depend on you still, but do know, you can't depend on others."

Pretty rad huh?

Yeah, I just can't seem to depend on people nowadays. They seem to betray you every single fucking time. I always thought it would be a win-win situation. But I think wrongly sometimes. So last night, I watched my hopes go away. But thankfully, I got myself covered. Probably because I got a strong 3G connection. Mostly because, I saw it coming. And I knew what to do next. Despite so much learning, I still made that. But I sleep tonight knowing it was worth the shot. 2 hours in, it's this time where I realised that maybe, just maybe, I was designed, developed and created to be solitary. So that I can absorb what is around me instead of to be engrossed in what is in front of me.

At this stage, is it even worth not losing them? Beats me.

Oh yeah, Twitter updates through SMS. That got me excited. Few days back, a senior of mind passed some tips of surviving in NS. 1) Don't jump the gun. Chin high up but don't look down on others. 2) Respect the Service. Serve for the Nation. Meet the needs for the Service. 3) Try. You will never regret if you tried. Hard and fast. But can I add in mine? Think with purpose, act with reason.

Speaking of acting, I was asked about the worth of things. Sprouting from a conversation if I would rush for a closing MRT door, he was puzzled why we fear the dangers.

"I would have ran. But I didn't because it's a rule. A rule to keep me safe." 

"So you fear the rule?" 

"No no, I fear the dangers." 

"Consider that MRT door closing is like a chance in life, would you miss that chance in life?" 

"Let's see, is it worth your feet? Say I can give you 10 seconds of that time you rushed for the door. But in exchange, you give me your feet as a consequence of the foot snapping your feet off. Is it worth it?"

"... No"

"Yeah. What's the worth?" 

What's the worth? I can safely say that whatever that is on the train or whatever that needs you to not miss that train, if that whatever is worth losing your feet, than it is worth it.

At the end of the day, we all go 6 feet under. So stop confusing the shit out of me and help me so that I can help you. I just want to see you, all of you, smile. Smile like you mean it. 

No comments: