Monday, December 12, 2011

The not so hearty part of HTHT

I had a wacky idea one day that seems to have originated from a team member of ImprovEverywhere. It was scary initially, and i just didn't want to go full scale just yet. So, with my endless free time from FYP, I decided to do a 'field test'.

I wanted to just walk up to a complete stranger and just ask, "Hello, how are you?" Just offer 20 minutes of listening. It's like getting into the 1st team selection. It's like being dug up from the accumulating earth that is sitting on top of you since Monday. It's like FINALLY, enough with this crap. What if, everyone was your friend?

I was told of this HTHT thingy by a particular friend of mine. It's weird. Why do people need to talk 'heartily'? Can't you decide on your own? Well, maybe they need a 2nd opinion on things. But then again, what's so 'hearty' about it?

By no means I'm downplaying it. I think it's part of a process in decision making. And we are humans. We communicate. So we talk. It's kinda natural... I think.

But one thing is for sure, I just don't think that we should label it. Basically, it's part of our way of communicating and so, let's just talk!

Do I share a higher affinity with you if I 'HTHT' with you? Perhaps if you consider the things I talk to you, perhaps yes. It's exclusively you. But it's not a right. And definitely, we should not live on it. I see a person living on 'HTHT' like it's some mana from a game. The more she hears, the more 'special' she becomes. Like it's her thrill. Her cheap thrill.

No. It makes you weak.

No comments: