Monday, May 25, 2009

A Cool New Way

WHOA.

How long has it been since my last posting? A month or so? Haha, I hope you guys still visit my blog else I'll just be clogging the internet tubes. ZEESH. The reason for my lack of blog postings is largely due to my school. Unlike secondary school, everything is planned out. You wake up at 6am, be in school at 730am and end school at 2pm. No more, no less. But here in 'tertiary' life, everything is unexpected. I can end school at 5 just to realize that my CCA needs me throughout the night. HOWEVER, if you say that life of a 1st year is busy, you'd better pull up your socks as when the second year comes around that bend, it will be disastrous. But it's fun like a roller coaster ride. :)

The solution? Do what is needed and then do it well. One thing I can see in students is that they are easily distracted. (Or is it just me?) On my half that is, I'm constantly talking about the opposites with my guys, gossiping about the latest scandal. Is this really what it feels to be in a mixed school? Or is this just one of the false impressions? It's really different. In SA that is, we do talk about the opposites but I can imagine the number of times a female teacher would come into mind. I guess we were just confined in a small box. A really small one. GISHH! Stop it already!

When I left SA, I always thought that girls NEVER (or rather realistically speaking, RARELY) speak about such a taboo; Sex. But take my mighty Action For Aids committee team for example, in the company of 3 ladies, we are talking about what I see as a sin to a gentleman. GOSH. In SA, it's just different. Everyone feels like home as we grow out of this hard shell that protects us from harm. As we grow, our body begs for room, our minds begin to wonder off to a state of no return and our hearts change. Like melons growing in a glass bottles (link), we take shape to whatever we conform to when young only to realize that life is alive as well.

OK. A little info about me. I'm in ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING at NGEE ANN POLYTECHNIC. It's about AN HOUR'S bus ride from my house. The reason I chose NP is that I'm still in that 'glass bottle'. I'm chipping away as much as I can, breaking free from this confinement. Will someone be there to help me out and hold my hand? Oh how I wish there were strings on me.

Beats me too. : /

So that's why I updated my FB saying that when you walk today, treat each step and breath as your last. This is more than survival. It's a new way of living. :)


No comments: